Workers Compensation Job in Denver, Colorado : CO
Looking for Workers Compensation Jobs? See currently available Workers Compensation job openings on workers-compensation.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
workers-compensation.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any workers compensation job . We provide job resources for Workers Compensation positions throughout the industry. workers-compensation.jobs.net also provides Workers Compensation jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Workers Compensation by either city or state.
workers-compensation.jobs.net is a workers compensation job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Workers Compensation jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your workers compensation job search on workers-compensation.jobs.net today.
Workers Compensation Adjuster
Workers Compensation Adjuster Job Description
Our client is currently looking for an experienced Worker’s Comp Adjuster for their Denver, CO office. Please read the job description below and if you feel that you are qualified, please send your resume over to us for review.
Temp to Hire
Starting Pay: $24.00/hr
Under general supervision, performs a variety of professional duties including reviewing, examining, investigating, and analyzing workers’ compensation claims. Reviews claims documentation for compensability and subrogation issues; computes indemnity benefits and relevant payments; provides information and assistance to City personnel, injured employees, claims administrators, and medical and legal professionals; and, performs related duties as assigned
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES :
1. Review, examine, investigate, and analyze workers’ compensation claims.
2. Interact with injured employees to ensure awareness and understanding of the workers’ compensation process, requirements, and entitlements.
3. Prepare and issue notices in accordance with mandated requirements and regularly review and stay abreast of applicable laws that may impact how claims are processed.
4. Establish claim reserve levels by estimating the cost of each assigned claim; monitor reserves and update amounts as necessary.
5. Coordinate medical treatment for injured employees and provide information to treating physicians regarding employee’s medical history, health issues, and job requirements.
6. Identify subrogation potential and pursue the process of reimbursement.
7. Serve as a liaison between medical providers, employees, legal professionals, and City Departments. Inform departments of an injured employee’s work restrictions and coordinate appropriate accommodations.
8. Review and interpret doctor’s reports to ensure that the appropriate American Medical Association (AMA) guidelines have been applied when reporting disability, impairment, and apportionment.
9. Compare and reconcile claim records with City payroll records to ensure timely and accurate benefit payments; retrieve workers’ compensation usage information from the financial system, review timesheets, and resolve discrepancies.
10. Communicate with defense attorneys regarding litigated cases; make recommendations regarding proposed strategies for claim resolution.
11. Prepare legal documents for submission to the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board, attend Board hearings, and respond to requests for clarification, as necessary.
12. Analyze, compute, and process indemnity payments. Audit incoming invoices for accuracy and process payments.
13. Coordinate with consultants when conducting AOE/COE (Arising Out of Employment/in the Course of Employment) investigations.
14. Assist with the Request for Proposal (RFP) process for contracted services; participate in researching, interviewing, and selecting outside vendors.
15. Develop and maintain internal systems for data collection and entry, financial analysis, and report generation; create and update spreadsheets, logs, and diary as necessary.
16. Attend and participate in staff meetings and keep supervisor informed of status on all assigned cases and plan of action. Stay abreast of new trends, pending legislation, and case law related to workers’ compensation.
17. Assist in supervising volunteers and clerical support staff. 18. Perform related duties as required.
Denver Workers Compensation Job
Workers Compensation Adjuster Job Requirements
Completion of four-year degree or equivalent or training in the W/C field. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business and W/C periodicals, journals, medical terminology, regulations, laws and decision awards. General mathematical skills including but not limited to discounts, interest, percentages, ratios and fractions. Knowledge of MICROSOFT office suit extremely helpful.
Be able to type at least 40 WPM and work independently, prioritize work on a daily basis. Understand and follow written and oral instructions.
Superior communication skills, team playing ability, and the capability to speak in front of groups or the public at large.
Current valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.